Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 14 agosto 2003 - 05:21

Bueno quiero aprovechar este espacio para promocionar a mi banda preferida kamelot lo que dejo a continuacion es una pequeña descripcion tema por tema del ultimo disco de la banda Epica; es un album conceptual basado en el libro Faust espero que les guste por cierto para mas informacion, mp3, videos de la banda visiten su pagina oficial

Liner Notes :

1) Prologue
This is the intro to the album where the listener is being placed in a dreamlike sequence. Simply there to set the atmosphere, but it's also a reference to "Prologue in Heaven" in the book it is inspired by (Faust).

2) Center of the Universe
This song is an extension of the Prologue, and is directing the listener into his own mind or the "inner universe", where all questions may possibly be answered. This is the first song on the album, but actually the last song that was finished for Epica.

3) Farewell
The journey begins; In Farewell, Ariel (the main character) burns all bridges and leaves everything he knows behind. He cannot find the answers he's looking for in science or religion, and wants to explore the world on his own. This song was made on a stormy night in Florida in the summer of 2001.

4) Interlude I (Opiate Soul)
In this piece we try to describe the darkness and desperation one can feel having fallen into human addiction.

5) Edge of Paradise
Ariel is balancing on the edge. His encounter with the great world out there has been anything but successful. In foreign countries far away from home, he experiments with alternative ways to find happiness and peace, but is slowly loosing his grip on life.

We chose the mixture of Arabic scales and Gregorian-like choirs to portray the temptations, pleasures and pitfalls of hazardous reality escape. Quite a few bottles of good Bordeaux went down during the process of writing this song.

6) Wander
In his desperation, Ariel seeks back to a time where love and youth were carrying him on a wave of promises. He understands that these dreams are only sentimental wishes. Life has no longer a purpose for him.

7) Interlude II (Omen)
At this point Ariel is determined to take his own life. The melody is a reference to Helena's death scene later on the album.

8) Descent of the Archangel
When Ariel is at his lowest, Mephisto as he wishes to call himself, appears in the pale moonlight. Ariel is totally surprised as the devil seems to be nothing like what he had expected; In the shape of a beautiful woman, Mephisto politely explains Ariel what he could bring to his life.

Luca Turilli from Rhapsody plays the first half of the guitar solo on this song.

9) Interlude III (At the Banquet)
A lot of people are gathered at Mephisto's castle, where Ariel has been invited. He arrives a little late, but just in time to catch his host's remarkable entrance.

10) A Feast for the Vain
At the big party Ariel make friends with everybody and has the time of his life. Women, drinks, food &Mephisto covers any carnal need. At the end of the song Ariel signs the deal that will be fatal &

11) On the Coldest Winter Night
After the party, Ariel all of a sudden meets Helena, the girl from his youth. They share a short, but intense moment together.

This song has a strong reference to cold (as opposed to Wander which refers to summer) that symbolically describes Ariel's change after his meeting with Mephisto. It was recorded live in the studio with djembe and D-bass.

12) Lost & Damned
Helena approaches Ariel to tell him that she's pregnant, but never gets that far. Ariel is convinced that the deal he has with Mephisto will cause her too much pain and suffering. He is anyway seeking a higher goal than love. At least that is what he believes at this point in the story. He tells her decisively to forget all about him and leave.

The tango-like verse in this song is an attempt to musically describe the tension between Helena and Ariel. Fabricio Alejandro is featured on the bandoneon.

13) Helena's Theme
Helena drowns herself in the river.

A stunning performance by the American singer, Mari, beautifully supported by Rodenberg Symphony Orchestra.

14) Interlude IV (Dawn)
The town crier reads the news about Helena's death.

Guest appearance by Ian Parry (Elegy/Consortium Project).

15) The Mourning After
Ariel hears about Helena having taken her own life, and with her their unborn child. He mourns deeply, but hopes that they will meet again on the other side.

16) III Ways to Epica
This song closes part I of the concept. It sums up the album with Mephisto clearly representing evil and cynicism, whilst Helena reappears as an angel representing good. Ariel is still somewhere in the middle &still searching balance and ultimate truth.

#2 Guest_Ikki o Fênix_*

Guest_Ikki o Fênix_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 15 agosto 2003 - 00:16

No la conocía esta banda, pero después de escuchar algunas mp3 en el sitio oficial me encantó, tiene un estilo muy personal y parece ser un metal épico de exclente calidad! laugh.gif

#3 Guest_Misty-Rose_*

Guest_Misty-Rose_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 15 agosto 2003 - 00:40

40.gif Excelentísima Banda, de primera calidad thumbsup.gif una de mis favoritas laugh.gif el estilo que más me gusta es el Epic/Power Metal 40.gif 04.gif mis bandas favoritas son: Rhapsody, Luca Turilli, Dark Moor, Kamelot, Nightwish, Stratovarius y muchas más happy.gif ¡Saludos a todos los fans del Metal! t031.gif   

¡Mucha energía positiva! big_grin.gif
¡Que VIVA el CosmoS W.U.B.! wub.gif

Misty-Rose 40.gifthumbsup.gif

#4 Guest_kamelot_*

Guest_kamelot_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 16 agosto 2003 - 00:52

QUOTE (Ikki o Fênix @ Aug 14 2003, 11:16 PM)
No la conocía esta banda, pero después de escuchar algunas mp3 en el sitio oficial me encantó, tiene un estilo muy personal y parece ser un metal épico de exclente calidad! laugh.gif

Bueno me alegra mucho que te haya gusto la banda y de haber servido de puente para que la conocieras, mientras mas gente la conozca mas probabilidades hay de que hagan una gira sudamericana mi sueño de siempre es verlos tocar en vivo; tambien agradezco tu mensaje Misty-Rose y por cierto hablando de nightwish, te cuento que esa fue la banda culpable de que hoy este metido en este grandioso mundo del Metal mi homenaje para ellos, ok adios y gracias nuevamente. happy.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the splendour of the night
I've found company
Once again I feel that life's begun
All the wrongs seem to be right
Drowned in ecstasy
Every star is like a newborn sun

#5 Guest_Magic_*

Guest_Magic_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 16 agosto 2003 - 11:40

Hola a todos, aunque me gusta mucho mas el black metal, tambien me parecen excelentes kamelot y sobre todo nightwish (i love_struct.gif you tarja), tambien haggard (sobre todo su concierto en mexico), stratovarius, highlord (su version de pegasus fantasy es muy buena) y si contonuo tengo que abrir otro tema...

Metal Rules!!!!!

-- CrAdLe Of FiLtH --

#6 Guest_Adema_Siegfried_*

Guest_Adema_Siegfried_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 18 agosto 2003 - 14:32

laugh.gif el black metal, considero ke tiene muchos seguidores y es poco famoso, alo ke a mi me gustan las bandas no-comerciales, de mi genero pero me gustan, creo ke cada persona nace bajo un genero, independientemente de ke escuche musica variada, en mi caso es el rock alternativo.

pero en fin... saludos

y abran temas de lo ke kieran hablar

#7 Guest_Ikki o Fênix_*

Guest_Ikki o Fênix_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 18 agosto 2003 - 18:49

Me pareció muy interesante el concepto de Kamelot de sacar una historia paralela a partir de un poema tan complejo y alegorico como el Faust de Goethe. Me resultaran geniales algunas musicas, ahora que baje todo el album, como Lost & Damned y Descent of the Archangel.

Hola a todos, aunque me gusta mucho mas el black metal, tambien me parecen excelentes kamelot y sobre todo nightwish (i  you tarja), tambien haggard (sobre todo su concierto en mexico), stratovarius, highlord (su version de pegasus fantasy es muy buena) y si contonuo tengo que abrir otro tema...

No hay problema, abralo cuando quieres! El black metal no lo conosco mucho, pero me gusta mucho el metal en geral, desde el clásico (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio), hasta el metal progresivo (Dream Theater, Symphony X, para mi dos de las mejores bandas de esta decada) y el epic/power metal (Rhapsody, aunque a veces me parecen un poco repetitivos, y tb Nightwish, con la soberba voz de Tarja, Blind Guardian y ahora Kamelot laugh.gif ).

#8 Guest_SaintGambit_*

Guest_SaintGambit_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 18 agosto 2003 - 20:30

que que que que????
que higlord hizo una version de pegasus fantasy?????
eso lo tengo que encontrar en algun lado:::
estara en el kazaa??? 45.gif

#9 Guest_Taurus Aldebaran_*

Guest_Taurus Aldebaran_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 24 agosto 2003 - 03:30

kamelot.. por favor.. me gustaria conocer esta banda.. pero gostaria que me diciesse unas 2 o 3 mp3 de las mejores en tu gusto.. para que yo las piegue en internet laugh.gif gracias!! happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif happy.gif

#10 Guest_Misty-Rose_*

Guest_Misty-Rose_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 26 agosto 2003 - 04:51

QUOTE (Adema_Siegfried @ Aug 18 2003, 03:32 PM)
Creo ke cada persona nace bajo un genero, independientemente de ke escuche musica variada, en mi caso es el rock alternativo laugh.gif

40.gif ¡Hola mi amigo Adema! laugh.gif entonces segun tu teoría, yo nací bajo el signo del Epic/Power Metal thumbsup.gif ¡Saludos Metaleros! 40.gif t031.gif 

¡Mucha energía positiva! big_grin.gif
¡Que VIVA el CosmoS W.U.B.! wub.gif

Misty-Rose 40.gifthumbsup.gif

0 usuario(s) están leyendo este tema

0 miembros, 0 invitados, 0 usuarios anónimos

Este tema ha sido visitado por 1 usuario(s)

1. Politica de privacidad
  2. Reglas generales ·