SKIN © XR3X

- - - - -

British and American Accent

• Por favor, entra en tu cuenta para responder
23 respuestas a este tema

Encuesta: Which kind of accent do you use? (14 miembro(s) han votado)

Which kind of accent do you use?

1. British (4 votos [28.57%])

Porcentaje de voto: 28.57%

2. American (10 votos [71.43%])

Porcentaje de voto: 71.43%

3. Other (especify below) (0 votos [0.00%])

Porcentaje de voto: 0.00%

Voto Los invitados no pueden votar

#1 Seiya_de_Sanitario

Seiya_de_Sanitario

Ser Temido o Respetado? Por que no las 2?

• 1,602 mensajes
Pais:
Venezuela
Signo:
Libra
El Imperio
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 12 enero 2005 - 17:38

Many Latin American English speakers don't usually do so, but at least some adopt a foreign accent, like the ones especified above. I use the American accent myself (having been there thousand of times, I guess I just got infected by it laugh.gif ) but I know some people that speak like they are from the U.K. and it really intrigues me, due to the almost nule presence of British citizens in my country 06.gif . I guess there are more Brits in your countries than in mine so I wanted to ask, just to have an idea rolleyes.gif .

P.D.: I put up the "Other" option just so Canadians like Margah don't feel left out, like they usually do (just kidding laugh.gif ).

DO CVIDANJA!! s50.gif
Posted Image

#2 Isengard

Isengard

Lente currite noctis equi

• 5,055 mensajes
Pais:
Mexico
Signo:
Libra
México
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 12 enero 2005 - 18:19

Well, i use the american accent because is the one I learn, but, in some schools teach the british and even Canedian english. Some thing really rare, becasue we are just next to the USA, and you can learn an accent very infuctional (no one understand you!, or at last, they pretend to)...

adios!

#3 Misanthrope

Misanthrope

Ciudadano del Mundo

• 6,316 mensajes
Pais:
Venezuela
Signo:
Virgo
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 13 enero 2005 - 01:26

I use the american accent, truth be told... I hate the british accent!!! it's so polite and correct I just can't stand it! though I try to speak reasonably well my english, I'm not perfect, but the other accent seems so "sharp"!  Words like "can't" or "better" with the "a" at the end  26.gif 

Editado por Misanthrope, 13 enero 2005 - 01:26 .

En construcción...

#4 cRiMsOn_AnGeL

cRiMsOn_AnGeL

I SaW An AnGeL, I SaW YoU

• 335 mensajes
Pais:
Mexico
Signo:
Leo
Orizaba Hills
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 13 enero 2005 - 13:29

I'm making my college in an England incorporated university and so, since the begining teachers used to speak with English accent. Is kind a difficult speaking in a different accent as the others do, but with practice and patience my English with English accent is really improving...I think so blink.gif    34.gif

See ya!!!

Salu2 57.gif

Editado por cRiMsOn_AnGeL, 13 enero 2005 - 13:30 .

MiRa El RoJo CiElO, El DiA DeL JuIcIo FiNaL Ha LLeGaDo user posted image

user posted image

CaLLiNg aLL AnGeLs

#5 Guest_garuda-gatz_*

Guest_garuda-gatz_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 13 enero 2005 - 14:09

I speak Aussie mate!

Well I use American cause I live here in the States.
But I can make it sound British, but just when I make fun of my British friend, she doesnt know i make fun of her, of course hehe.

Well I speak Texan, and i could talk ghettoish but it just doesnt sound right, i'll try watching more rap videos hehe.

Remember guys u can learn the british accents from movies like lord of the rings... scottish from braveheart.. and so on.. a lot of hollywood movies are spoken with foreign and classical accents.. even the American accents have progressed, and they differ in times in history and different states.

#6 Capricorn Rafael Z

Capricorn Rafael Z

Im too Sexy for my Cloth.....

• 278 mensajes
Pais:
Mexico
Signo:
Capricornio
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 14 enero 2005 - 22:35

The British accent is best than the American one. The British sounds more convincent and fancy. Its like comparing the Spain-Spanish with the Mexico-Spanish.

Vodka Martin, shaked, not stirred.
Civil War is here...whose side are you on?

User posted image

User posted image

#7 Guest_Junikyu_*

Guest_Junikyu_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 20 enero 2005 - 13:30

What accent would you use, spanish or latin when it comes to speak spanish...

I guess I speak it right, but i don't emphasize my pronunciation, sounds stupid when you're trying to over react it. In a last effort, you tend to imitate the accent the person you learned of had... So i'd say mine, is american accent mixed with my own way to speak.

#8 Guest_Camuseiya_*

Guest_Camuseiya_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 12 febrero 2005 - 23:22

s20.gif

What's up?? thumbsup.gif
I use the.... Canadian accent... why???
'Cause it's the one I've learned doh.gif doh.gif
Some people say that the Canadian english is the same as the American but some kids have told me that there's some guys in the school that came from the USA and that they have an accent so I guess is not really the same.... Anyway I think I have a mix of an American-Canadian accent  m1.gif  m1.gif

#9 Iniwa de Acuario

Iniwa de Acuario

Siente el poder del CERO ABSOLUTO...

• 2,338 mensajes
Pais:
Espana
Signo:
Acuario
Barcelona
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 23 febrero 2005 - 17:02

Well, I hadn't realized this tema existed, and it is very interesting indeed. laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Well, I have to say that I study English since I was 6, and my teacher has always emphasized the use of British English. I just can't put up with Amaerican accent, because, apart from the fact that I hate almost everythig which comes from the USA, I don't like the bad manners they have. I mean, they just deform English, they don't use it correctly.It isn't really the fact that they pronounce bad, but that they use many expresions I don't like. But I must admit that I am automatically against somenting which is related to USA.

Sumarizing, I have been educated to use British accent, but it is very difficult to hold this kind of pronunciation. And another reason why sometimes I forget to use it is that I live in the part of Spain where Spanish is worsely spoken, so that influenciates English accent too.

Do Cvidanja!! s62.gif  s54.gif  ss3.gif  s63.gif  s90.gif

(jeje, esta ha sido una prueba para mi, hacía tiempo que no pensaba en inglés happy.gif)

#10 Lyra

Lyra

El Trobador de SNK

• 938 mensajes
Pais:
Mexico
Signo:
Escorpion
mi casa
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 28 marzo 2005 - 11:11

Alo alo... I use the american accent because i lived in the USA for 3 years... therefore i adquired their way of speaking
see ya next time
User posted image

#11 Guest_yomedesespero_*

Guest_yomedesespero_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 22 abril 2005 - 09:33

I like the british accent, because I believe it is almost perfect. The american accent is so fast and poor, they always use contractions and do not seems to be beauty.
That's because I prefer the british, unfortunately I live in the north of México and is a little hard to get rid of the american accent.
adios.
Take care.
ginsu_knife.gif

#12 Guest_Dark Alien Master_*

Guest_Dark Alien Master_*
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 17 agosto 2005 - 00:57

and i could talk ghettoish but it just doesnt sound right, i'll try watching more rap videos hehe.

26.gif  aberration

well, i speak english with spanish accent hahahahahaha
02.gif  im trying my best!  doh.gif  doh.gif

#13 Pegasus

Pegasus

Privilegiado

• 18 mensajes
Pais:
Mexico
Signo:
Cancer
en frente de la pc
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 07 julio 2007 - 01:02

I like the british accent but unfortunatly i dont have it. I guess i have the american,because i dont know which one is the canadian one you're reffering to.

Adios!

#14 Viteh

Viteh

Visitante

• 10 mensajes
Pais:
Peru
Signo:
Geminis
Lima
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 07 octubre 2007 - 20:48

I like the british accent better, it sounds funny.
I am guessing i speak with an american accent, though most of my techers were british. I do use some typical british words
I dont speak english as often as I used to, since i am not at school anymore

If I had to choose, i would choose british accent, i just find it so funny, also I love saying bloody hell, it would sound better if I actually had the accent.

Also i tend to write as they do in england, with the Us, in colour, favlour etc

#15 Anairis de Aries

Anairis de Aries

Carnero Celestial

• 1,910 mensajes
Pais:
Mexico
Signo:
Aries
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 28 febrero 2008 - 11:40

I like the mexican accent, i don´t like to pretend, i agree that we should know many languages in order to have a better performance in our jobs, every day life, etc, but i don´t think that we should lose our native accent, well perhaps sometimes, but if you are talking to a latinamerican person you can use your accent, as long as you have the appropiate intonation and that you make yourself clear, i think that´s only what it takes :S
do you know what i mean, right?
But like you already said, if i had to choose, probably i will choose the brithish accent

Unfortunately, when i learned english, i began to use de american accent so i speak whit this accent by default :S jijiji

#16 artemisa92

artemisa92

Miembro de honor

• 122 mensajes
Pais:
Venezuela
Signo:
Geminis
en casa
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 28 febrero 2008 - 12:31

i prefer the american is easier  54.gif  besides i learned to speak it with americans so, its my best accent   57.gif  04.gif  09.gif  09.gif
thanks to the social networks and the internet learn something is no longer that hard hehe :P  09.gif

s48.gif  Kanon_Golden_Triangle_02.gif
user posted image

#17 garuda-gatz

garuda-gatz

Abuelo del foro

• 1,255 mensajes
Pais:
El_Salvador
Signo:
Leo
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 07 marzo 2008 - 02:08

Ooh.. I saw my old post from back in the day....
Let's just say I don't speak good Spanish anymore, I've become a gringo...  frown.gif

Nah como creen...

Greetings from Texas!  thumbsdown.gif  t545.gif  t245.gif  t151.gif

#18 Iori Yagami

Iori Yagami

yo soy kabron, tu me conoces

• 853 mensajes
Pais:
Mexico
Signo:
Sagitario
SILENT HILL
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 17 diciembre 2008 - 02:43

I use the american one, its normal that anyone who lives in this side of the planet use it, only europeans could use the british one . .
THE GAME RETURNS!!

#19 freddo

freddo

Visitante

• 6 mensajes
Pais:
Mexico
Signo:
Virgo
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 21 julio 2011 - 14:55

mmm I speak a mix from both accents jaja. American english seems more easy to learn, British accent seems something rare but I like both of them. I think its important knowing both because you can listen and understand british or american people with no difficuty.

Ilike speak in both accents jaja

bye

#20 玉 Ξɱρêгæɗ⊕г đε ﻞåɖë 帝

玉 Ξɱρêгæɗ⊕г đε ﻞåɖë 帝

♎ La Balanza del Conocimiento y El Temor ♎

• 13,484 mensajes
Pais:
Venezuela
Signo:
Libra
Valencia, Venezuela
Energia:
Cosmos:
Ataque:
Defensa:
Velocidad:
Victorias:
Derrotas:
Total:

Publicado 06 septiembre 2014 - 15:15

I could say I speak both accents. American accent is sort of easier cuz actually there isn't any real accent you just let your voice out as it is. Unless you want to try a southern accent or so. 

But I really prefer British accent is more sophisticated and so. And this is what most intend to use. Though Aussie and Canadian accents are nice too. I also like Scottish and Irish accents but those one are quite hard. 

Autor de "Principios Fundamentales del Temor  y El Teorema de Jade".                                  ✓ Fondos del Imperio: $

Por el Sensual Heroísmo que nace del corazón!

emperador_de_jade_by_bytalaris-d9g02sw.p

1 usuario(s) están leyendo este tema

0 miembros, 1 invitados, 0 usuarios anónimos

Este tema ha sido visitado por 19 usuario(s)

1. Politica de privacidad
  2. Reglas generales ·